Sunday 10 April 2016

My Taonga

]My Taonga is my conch, my conch is very special because in Samoa we use it for very special occasions like  chief meetings and funerals.

My conch is from Samoa, my aunt gave it to me so I can use it for special occasions. Once we used it for our family reunion and my dad used it when he went to his sister's funeral in Samoa.

Did you know that you find conch shells in the pacific ocean and that a conch is a hermit crab's shell?

My conch is very strong and loud like a ship's horn  

My conch means tropical marine mollusca, mollusca is shellfish live in the ocean the they grow inside the shell.


I was learning to explain information about my Taonga. I achieved to tell my class what my Taonga is called EG: My Taonga from Samoa its very special occasions. I got better at explaining heaps of information about my Taonga before I got it I knew nothing about it. 

My next steps are to learn more information about my Taonga because next time I share information my Taonga there be heaps more.

No comments:

Post a Comment